Copyright Infringement Notification Policy
We at Artlist take copyrights protection very seriously. If you believe that any Work infringes your intellectual property or other rights, you can submit a request through the Help Center and file a Copyright Infringement Notification, all as detailed below.
Before you file a Copyright Infringement Notification, please note:
- Only the copyright owner or an authorized representative of the copyright owner may file a Copyright Infringement Notification.
- Personal information: the name of the copyright owner, email address and details of the notification (all of which are required to complete a Copyright Infringement Notification) may be provided to the artist who provided the Work(s) referenced in your notification. The artist might reach out to you to resolve the claim.
- Do not abuse or make any false claims. Abuse of the Copyright Infringement Notification process may result in the termination of your account on Artlist (if you have an account), or other legal ramifications. A person knowingly submitting a misleading fraudulent notification, may be liable for damages according to United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) or other similar laws in other countries.
When filing a Copyright Infringement Notification, please provide the following details:
- Your complete contact information, including complete name, physical address, telephone number and email address.
- A detailed description of each copyrighted material claimed to have been infringed by the Work(s).
- A description of the Work(s) on our site that you claim is infringing your copyrights and reasonably sufficient information regarding its’ location on the Site (such as providing a specific URL directing to the allegedly infringing Work).
- The following statements:
- That you have a good faith belief that the use of the Work(s) in the manner complained of, is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- That the information in your notification is accurate, and under penalty and perjury, that you are the copyright owner, or representative authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner, of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner, or authorized representative of the copyright owner, of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
Please be aware, failure to include all the required information, may limit our ability to handle your notification and may lead to your claim being denied.
The notice can be sent either by e-mail ([email protected]) or mail (Attn: Artlist Legal Dept. Afikim, Yarden Valley, Israel 1514800).
Copyright Infringement Counter-Notification
When we receive a Copyright Infringement claiming that Work(s) provided to us by an artist infringe copyright of others, we may remove the allegedly infringing Work(s) immediately, without contacting or notifying the artist in advance.
If we removed Work(s) provided by the artist, following a Copyright Infringement Notification, the artist will receive a message from us, detailing the name and email of the party who filed the notification and/ or additional details contained in the notification.
If the artist believes that the notification received is an error, or that he is authorized to provide the Work(s) to us, he may submit a counter-notification.
Instructions on how to submit a counter-notification will be provided in the message we sent to the artist.
Before filing a counter-notification, please note:
- Only the artist who provided the Work(s) or its authorized representative may file a counter-notification.
- A counter-notification should be submitted only if the Work(s) was removed due to a mistake or misidentification.
After receiving a valid counter-notification, we will forward it to the party who filed the Copyright Infringement Notification.
If we do not receive a notice from the party who filed the Copyright Infringement Notification, that they have filed an action with the court to keep the Work(s) down, according to the DMCA or relevant laws in other countries, we will restore or cease to disable access to the Work(s) that were removed.
Note: This section is intended to comply with the relevant provisions of the DMCA and other applicable laws, and do not constitute legal advice. We suggest you consult with an attorney before you submit a Copyright Infringement Notification notice to us.