Table of Contents
Explore article topics
With more than 1 billion active users, it’s no secret why content creators are jumping onto TikTok. The potential reach is sky-high. Plus, it’s fun! TikTok allows users to add popular music, experiment with filters and participate in challenges. There’s lots of room for quirkiness and creativity on this video platform.
But how can TikTok analytics take the guesswork out of gaining followers and increasing engagement? In this article, we tell you how to check analytics on TikTok and the TikTok metrics you need on your way to becoming a content creator who succeeds on the platform.
Why TikTok analytics are essential for content creators
TikTok metrics allow you to see which content is performing and which is not, but it’s so much more. Not only can you get a detailed view of how your followers interact with your content, but you can also learn more about them. There’s simply no reason not to use analytics if engagement is your goal (and it should be!).
For example, suppose that most videos you make are 30 seconds long, but you find that your followers only watch 8 seconds of your videos. This data tells you that your videos could either be shortened or you should consider a better opening hook. So, creators familiar with monetizing YouTube shorts can make the leap to TikTok profitability with some ease.
Like Instagram analytics, TikTok is virtually paving the way for content creators to succeed on the platform. The deep analytical dive you can take should inform all media you create for the platform. And mastery of TikTok user analytics can increase the value of your profile, making it attractive to brands with whom you may want to collaborate. TikTok Creator Marketplace is the official collaboration platform to link up brands and creators on TikTok. Content creators can collab with brands on both paid and reward-based projects.
TikTok also allows creators with high follower counts to earn money directly on the platform through tips and “Diamonds,” which you can convert to cash. So while TikTok advises that creators not rely solely on analytics to inform the content they make, it’s wise to pay attention to metric trends.
What analytics can you get from TikTok?
Learn how to check analytics on TikTok and see how many shares your TikTok has with the following metrics.
From this main tab, you can see the following metrics:
- Video views – The number of times viewers watched your videos in the selected date range. Includes views and growth rate compared to the previous 40 days.
- Profile views – The number of times your profile was viewed in the selected date range. Includes views and growth rate compared to the previous 40 days.
- Likes – The number of likes your videos received in the selected date range. Includes likes and growth rate compared to the previous 40 days.
- Comments – The number of comments your videos received in the selected date range. Includes comments and growth rate compared to the previous 40 days.
- Shares – The number of shares your videos received in the selected date range. Includes shares and growth rate compared to the previous 40 days.
- The total number of accounts that follow you.
- ‘Net followers’ shows the number of new followers minus the number of unfollows.
The number of videos you posted in the last 7 days.
The number of LIVE videos you hosted in the last 28 days.
The second tab is a deeper dive into content metrics. From here, you can analyze the following data:
Here you can see videos from the last 7 days, in order of newest to oldest. To see more video analytics, open any video from your profile page, tap More and select Analytics for detailed video data.
See the top 9 videos with the fastest growth in view numbers over the past 7 days.
You’ll find Follower data on the third tab, including:
- Total followers
- New followers
- Growth rate
- Top territories
- Follower activity
- Hours when your followers are most active on TikTok
- Times of the week when your followers are most active on TikTok
And finally, there’s data on Live videos in the fourth tab. Select either 7 days or 28 days of data:
- Total views
- New followers
- Total time
- Top viewer count
- Unique viewers
- Diamonds – When you host a live video (and you’re 18+), followers can send you Gifts. TikTok awards Diamonds to creators based on video popularity. A key metric that TikTok assesses is the number of Gifts sent to a creator’s content. You can then redeem Diamonds for money.
How to see analytics on TikTok
The first step to seeing TikTok user analytics is to switch to a Pro account.
Follow these instructions:
- Navigate to your profile.
- Tap the hamburger, them Settings and select Manage My Account.
- Choose Switch to Business Account.
- Select a category for your account.
- Input your phone number.
Now you can access analytics anytime from the Settings > Analytics tab. Note that you will be unable to see past data and that metrics may not display right away. Some metrics are only displayed once you reach 100 followers.
TikTok analytics are also accessible on desktop by visiting TikTok.com and logging into your account. You can even download reports from the desktop, so definitely take advantage of this tool.
Get all you need to create the perfect video
External tools for tracking TikTok Analytics
While TikTok analytics are pretty detailed, you won’t find data on the performance of other content creators or brands, and those metrics may be valuable to you as you perfect your own strategy. This is where an external tracking tool is valuable. Consider the following TikTok analytics apps:
While Socialinsider is known as a tool for Instagram analytics, it can also be used for TikTok analytics. It’s simple to track and analyze your network and get a quick overview of your campaign performance.
It’s a valuable tool to create comparisons of competitors to see how your content is performing next to theirs.
What TikTok analytics you can track with SocialInsider:
- Follower growth
- Total posts
- Total engagement
- Average engagement rate per post
- Average engagement rate per profile
- Top 3 posts
- Top hashtags
- Posts by published hour
- Average engagement by published hours
- Posts by published day
- Average engagement by published day
- Engagement evolution
- Distribution of likes, comments and shares
- Plays evolution
The TrendTok app helps creators identify upcoming trends ahead of time. This means you can create potentially viral videos and gain followers organically. You can even save your favorite trends and track how they perform over time. TrendTok also shows metrics by category and location and offers personalized trend suggestions.
What you can track with TrendTok:
- Metrics on new, rising, and falling trends
- Trend prediction data sourced from AI
- Personalized trend suggestions
This app allows users to track hashtags on TikTok, Twitter, Instagram and Twitch, making it an effective tool for monitoring your brand all around. It allows you to see the volume of hashtag mentions, their social reach, sentiment and the most popular accounts employing them. You can set up notifications about hashtags to see real-time performance and be alerted if yours go viral.
What TikTok analytics you can track with Brand24:
- Reach of hashtags
- Influencers using your hashtags
- The most active profiles using your hashtags
So now that you know how to see TikTok analytics, you’re on your way to becoming a master TikTok stats tracker. Still keep in mind that TikTok is a creative platform that rewards inventiveness, so continue to think outside the box, get a little weird, and most importantly, have fun!