Table of Contents
Explore article topics
Thankfully, 2021 (or year 2 in the Covidian calendar) was a lot less dramatic than its predecessor. While 2020 was a rollercoaster ride where something earth-shattering and unexpected happened almost every day, 2021 gave us more room to breathe between events. After all, that level of drama was unsustainable. And if the most surprising thing that happened this year was that a Korean show about children’s games became the most popular series on Earth, then it’s evident that this was a fairly unsensational year. At Artlist and Artgrid, though, the continued search for innovation and improvement meant that 2021 was as exciting as it gets.
Personalized end-of-the-year collections
Since we don’t want to send you to next year just like that, our subscribers can find a personalized 2021 wrap-up in music and footage waiting for you on Artlist and Artgrid.
If you’re an Artlist subscriber, sign in to your account, go to the AI-powered For you page and get a personalized 2022 collection based on your activity this year.
Best of 2021 Collections
Plus, there are 2021 musical and footage collections available to EVERYONE.
On Artlist, go to the Spotlight section, and you will find a Best of 2021 collection with the greatest songs of 2021 and 7 thematic collections: Best of Vlog, Best of Commercial, Best of Hip Hop. Best of Electronic, Best of Powerful, Best of Uplifting and Best of Cinematic.
To see the greatest footage of 2021 fn Artgrid, just click on Collections on the home page.
What we were up to in 2021
2020 was a breakthrough year in many ways for Artlist. Releasing an SFX collection and purchasing creative asset marketplace Motion Array signaled the beginning of our company’s shift into becoming an all-in-one solution for creators, and we weren’t about to stop in 2021.
We added a video editing program
The most significant move we did this year was definitely our venture into software development and the acquisition of FXhome, which operates video editing & VFX software HitFilm, as well as imaging editing software Imerge Pro and CamTrackAR, the world’s first mobile virtual production studio for iOS.
This move positioned Artlist as one of the few companies in the industry that offer a 360° video creation solution that includes both editing tools and assets.
We launched a Social Creator plan for social creators
The 2nd biggest move of 2021 was probably the launch of the Social Creator plan. With the constant rise of the creator economy, we looked for a solution that would cater to many types of creators. So we developed a tailor-made plan for social media creators that covers your videos on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitch, as well as on podcasts. We also added a Monthly payment option in the Social Creator plan for those taking their 1st steps in content creation.
If you’re wondering which Artlist plan suits you best, check this article comparing the Social Creator and the Creator Pro plan.
We harnessed the power of AI
After conducting extensive research, we came to the conclusion that AI is not only a buzzword but a powerful tool that can help our users find the perfect songs for their videos faster and more accurately. So we developed the For You feature, which is the space where you get music recommendations based on your download activity for artists you might not be familiar with. We launched this feature so you can enrich your video music selections and while preserving your style.
We added new features to Artlist
- The long-awaited Direct Download feature was launched this year, allowing users to download songs directly from the song list.
- We expanded the Vocal & Instrumental feature to allow you to filter songs by male or female vocals, duets, groups and acapella.
- We gave you the option to play songs from the waveform.
- We added new search filters – the genre Worship and the mood Mysterious.
- We AI-powered the Similar Songs feature.
- We launched 3 Artlist 24/7 YouTube music live streams – Chill Beats, Summer Pop and Uplifting beats radio, which is currently playing Christmas music.
- We added an SFX Collections section with themed curated collections of sounds, like Christmas, Halloween, Gaming and many others.
Get unlimited royalty-free sound effects
And to Artgrid
- We launched a Curated collections section with themed collections.
- We added Overlays to our stock library so you can give your videos the wow effect.
We challenged you to be creative
We launched 2 major competitions in 2021:
- The SFX Challenge: We asked you to create the best-sounding videos you can using Artlist sound effects. Check out the winners here.
- The Edit Challenge: This was the 2nd year that we held this competition, doubling the prize money to give away 75K$ worth of filmmaking gear. All you had to do was create either a fictional ad, movie trailer or music video using Artgrid footage and Artlist music. Check out the winning videos here:
We held our biggest giveaway ever
Back in June, we held our biggest giveaway ever, which included 5 packs of creative assets – motion design pack, Overlays pack, SFX pack VFX pack and LUTs pack. All in all, we gave away more than 250 assets to all Artlist and Artgrid subscribers.
End of the year showreel
To finish off this year in style, we’ve asked some of our favorite creators to send us videos they made during 2021 using Artlist music, and we’ve edited them into one epic showreel that celebrates content creators worldwide. Watch it below.
Here is the full list of creators whose videos appear in the showreel: Sebastian Jern, Of Two Lands, Joey Palmroos, Sam Newton, Austen Paul, Camera Girl Helena, Phantom Gravity, Dmitry Volny, Daniel DeArco, Sebpic, Cache Bunny, Gena.Razbegaev, brotherside, Hugo Boué, Alan Castelan, peteyboytv & fabreezy, Thomas Bernardin, nircn, Zono.sann, Levi Stute, Maison Carnot, hedshots, Sjoerd Wess, Discs Napat, Dan Ilash, Benn TK and Niklas Christl.
The video also features some of the winning videos from this year’s Edit Challenge.
Happy new year and see you on the other side. As always, stay creative!